The solubility of poorly soluble salts is expressed as the solubility product, i.e. the product of the concentration of cations and anions in the solution which are in equilibrium with the solid salt. These concentrations can be determined via conductivity measurements.
- Good and reproducible results due to temperature control in the experiment.
- The use of the compact Cobra4 Mobile-Link is space-saving.
- Measure the conductivities of saturated aqueous solutions of the salts calcium fluoride and calcium carbonate at 25 °C.
- With the aid of tabulated ionic conductivities, calculate the solubility products of the salts from their conductivities.
What you can learn about
- Electrolytic conductance
- Precision balance 620g/0.001g
Software provided. Computer not included.
Scope of Supply
|Device Name||Item no.||Qty|
|Erlenmeyer flask, Borosilicate, narrow neck,100ml||46141-00||1,00|
|Calcium fluoride, powder, puru||31175-10||1,00|
|Bath for thermostat, makrolon||08487-02||1,00|
|Hose clip, diam. 8-16 mm, 1 pc.||40996-02||4,00|
|Wash bottle, plastic, 500 ml||33931-00||1,00|
|Cobra4 Sensor-Unit Conductivity+||12632-00||1,00|
|Standard solution 1413µS/cm(25°C), 460ml||47070-02||1,00|
|Right angle boss-head clamp||37697-00||3,00|
|Water, distilled 5 l||31246-81||1,00|
|External circulation set for thermostat Alpha A||08493-02||1,00|
|Weighing dishes, square shape, 84 x 84 x 24 mm, 25 pcs.||45019-25||1,00|
|Powder funnel, upper dia. 65mm||34472-00||1,00|
|Conductivity temperature probe Pt1000||13701-01||1,00|
|Mortar w. pestle, 70ml, porcelain||32603-00||2,00|
|Immersion thermostat Alpha A, 230 V||08493-93||1,00|
|Magnetic stirrer without heating, 3 ltr., 230 V||35761-99||1,00|
|Calcium carbonate 500||30052-50||1,00|
|Rubber tubing, i.d. 6 mm||39282-00||3,00|
|Spoon, special steel||33398-00||1,00|
|Magnetic stirring bar 30 mm, cylindrical||46299-02||2,00|
|Retort stand, h = 750 mm||37694-00||2,00|
|Tubing connector, ID 6-10mm||47516-01||2,00|
Downloads and Documents